Bringing '88 Back
November 1, 2014
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Hall of North American Wildlife and Botany
$5, click here for tickets!
The Carnegie Public Library, Carnegie Museum of Art, and Carnegie Museum of Natural History invite you to celebrate all things 80s at the totally tubular 2014 Alternative Homecoming, a party where you're encouraged to express yourself!
Here's a sneak preview of some of the things we have planned:
This event is open to all current high school students or teens age 14-17.
- An 80s dance floor, featuring punk, new wave, hip hop, electro and more from the neon decade, in celebration of the novel Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Polaroid photo art from the Carnegie Museum of Art, in honor of the exhibit Storyteller: The Photographs of Duane Michals
- Scavenger hunt through Wildlife Halls for homecoming crown decorations based on nature's very own bling, courtesy of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- A classic arcade, featuring gigantic NES controllers built by The Labs @ CLP
- Collaborative teen map of Pittsburgh with Reading Warriors from the Neighborhood Learning Alliance
- Make your own corsage with 80s comics, courtesy of New Dimension Comics
- A delicious selection of cupcake flavors (that will definitely NOT make you want to be "like, totally gagged with a spoon!")
- And more!
For more details please visit the event page at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.